Show off your inventions with one of PlaqueMaker’s customized patent plaques.
From the beginning of time, innovative thinkers have changed the way we live with unique inventions and technological advances for each generation. With every step forward, human civilization and those that we coexist with continue to benefit from patently excellent ideas.
What is an Invention?
It is said that inventions often extend the boundaries of human knowledge, experience or capability. An invention is likely the result of engineering, scientific testing and product development. It could be any device, method, writing or composition and procedure that shows itself to be a unique or novel solution to a challenge of humankind. It may be an improvement made to a machine or product or a new process for creating a result. An invention could also be cultural and artistic in nature, such as people who adopt a breakthrough social behavior and pass it on to future generations. Or the invention becomes an important part of creative design.
Some inventions can be patented, which legally protects the intellectual property rights of the inventor and legally defines his idea as an invention.
How Does One Invent?
First, develop an idea:
● Writing or drawing on paper
● Inputting into a computer
● Using trial and error
● Constructing prototypes or models
● Experimenting, testing and making the invention in its full form
● Brainstorming riffs on a product or service
● Collaborating with fellow engineers, designers, architects, scientists, artists, writers, et al
It’s important to keep records of your inventive endeavors, because the initial idea can (and often will) change during the development process. In addition, one idea or invention can lead to others.
Elements of Invention
Because invention is often thought of as a creative process, several tools are available to a would-be inventor that help the process flow, such as:
1. Play and experimentation strengthens curiosity, imagination and instinct
2. Envisioning an existing idea in a new way helps see novel possibilities, while taking a break from inventing refocuses the conscious mind, resulting in aha moments or ideas
3. Acting on a hunch allows natural insight to ask questions, have doubt or recognize the unusual
4. Exploration with an uncertain or unknown outcome inspires a wisdom of uncertainty
5. Striving to improve a product or service makes it more effective, healthy, quick, efficient, easy, purposeful, longer lasting, cost effective, eco-friendly, aesthetically different, ergonomic, structurally different –the list goes on and on
While innovation refers to something that is new, better and adopted by the public, the term invention is important legally and critical to patent law all over the world. In the United States, all patent applications are considered inventions.
Whether your invention is used in the pharmaceutical, software, bioengineering, retail and other industry, receiving a patent for your invention is cause for celebration. Create custom engraved patent award plaques at PlaqueMaker that include the inventor’s name, USPTO seal and side ribbon, one free logo, photo or clip art with no set-up fees and no character limit. Choose from the following, available in different sizes, materials and styles to meet your award needs:
● Personalized Original Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Boardroom Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Crystal Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Wall Patent Award Metal Plates
● Personalized Perpetual Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Solid Natural Cherry Wood Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Stainless Steel Patent Award Metal Plates
● Personalized Modern Acrylic Backed Patent Award Plaques
● Personalized Photo Patent Award Plaques
You can also create personalized trademark award plaques for corporate logos and more. We offer quantity discounts on custom products and gifts. Personalized patent plaques are a thoughtful gift for any inventor. Learn more about patents and patent plaques by reading our blog, Reward Inventors with Patent Plaques.