Games to Play on Rainy Days
April 26, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDT April 26, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDTth, April 26, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDT
Summer comes with its fair share of rainy days, giving you a reason to embrace an “inner” world.
Plan Some Indoor Fun
Whether you’re on vacation or just enjoying summer in your own backyard, it’s likely that a little rain will fall, keeping you, your family and friends indoors. That’s when you want to be prepared with a few activities that can keep everyone relaxed, occupied or otherwise engaged. This way, you won’t have cranky kids (or adults) who whine away the hours until the sun comes out -especially if your five days at the beach is a total washout. Here are some of the best ideas.
customizable chess set. Personalize your chess set to commemorate this summer or your upcoming vacation. We make it so easy.
● Start a puzzle
● Draw pictures or color in a coloring book – Kids love it, and adult coloring books are all the rage, right now.
● Paint flower pots
● Learn Origami
● Play with Play-Doh
● Take digital pictures and create a slideshow or movie
● Create a family recipe book
● Bake chocolate chip cookies –Decorate them and eat them all!
● Cook a meal together from start to finish
● Play space travel, restaurant or school
● Play indoor basketball or soccer – As long as you use your “indoor” ball
● Practice yoga
● Organize your own film festival
● Cuddle up with a big pile of books or crank up the digital reader
● Write an old-fashioned letter and mail it once the weather clears
● Camp in the “Great Indoors” – Make sheet-tents and castles and forts for playing and napping; turn a mattress into a slide; break out the sleeping bags and make s’mores
● Turn on the music and dance, dance, dance
● Do science experiments -Or just play with bubbles or make shaving cream sculptures in the sink
● Learn how to meditate
● Play Charades
● Play instruments
● Play dress up
● Shop online – (hint, hint)
What are the lyrics to that great old tune?Through all kinds of weather//What if the sky should fall/Just as long as we’re together/It really doesn’t matter at all … we’ll travel along/Singing a song, side by side. Whatever you do during rainy days, make sure you’re having fun together.