Do You Know? Fun Facts about Comic Books to celebrate September 25 – National Comic Book Day!● POW! Comic books were first popularized in the United States.
● YOUZA! The term “comic book” comes from the first book of humor comic strips.
● ZOOM! Comics existed in America since the hardcover printing of The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck in 1842, known as the first American prototype comic book.
● HOWEVER! The proto-comic-book magazine is a 196-page book printed in black and white and published in the United States in 1896 and features The Yellow Kid in a sequence titled, “McFadden’s Row of Flats,” measures 5 x 7 inches and sold for 50 cents.
● THEN AGAIN! The 1933 edition of Famous Funnies is believed to be the first real comic book.
● ANYWHO! People who collect comic books are known as pannapictagraphists.
● YES! Don’t ever throw old comic books away – they’re great collector’s items.
You can memorialize your favorite comics on one of PlaqueMaker’s custom printed, full color sublimated plaques in gold, silver or white aluminum.* Upgrade to solid wood or glass boards or choose a brass, bronze, copper, stainless steel or titanium metal upgrade, laser engraved with laser fused pigment. Learn more about PlaqueMaker’s laser engraving process. Include a free photo of your comic with no set-up fees. We’ll email you a free digital proof by the next business day. Most orders ship within two business days of approval and payment. Standard shipping is free for orders +$99.