Spruce Up for Spring
March 23, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDT March 23, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDTrd, March 23, 2022 8:00:00 AM PDT
Organize Your Man Cave or Garage in 5 Easy Steps
Garages can be the largest repositories for stashing all of your stuff, from suitcases and sporting equipment to mini shops for working on the car. Speaking of cars – there was a time when the garage was the car’s room, and only that. No more. Garages need to be more multi-purpose than ever.
Need any other reason to roll up your sleeves and get that Man Cave or garage up to snuff? Break it down into steps. We’ve got five of them to get you started.
1. Take Everything Out of the Garage – A blank canvas is typically the best way to start, so on a sunny day, haul that stuff out onto the driveway. If April Showers get in your way, consider erecting a tarp, just for the duration of your project.
2. Plan with Activities in Mind – Think about what you want your garage to be used for and decide which areas are best for what purpose. If you want to transform it into a Man Cave to work on your motorcycle, make room for that. If you must include storage space, designate as much vertical, loft and ceiling space for storage as possible.
3. Prepare the Space – While the garage is empty, sheet rock if necessary, clean and paint the walls, scour the floor, install permanent cabinetry if desired and put together free-standing shelving units. Go ahead, put that mini refrigerator in there, too. Then, write sweeping it out and wiping things down on your weekly to-do list, to keep it spic and span.
4. Complete the Organization Questionnaire – It’s a mantra with organizers: Decide what to keep, what to donate and what to throw away. This part of the process could be incredibly satisfying, not to mention efficient.Ask yourself:
● Do I love it?
● Do I need it?
● When was the last time I used this?
● If I donated it, could it be used by someone else, safely?
● When in doubt, donate or toss it.
5. Label Absolutely Everything – Group like items together, then store them together so they’re easy to find. Keep frequently-used items such as paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning materials, a light and tools, on a handy shelf.Tedious? Quite possibly. Worth it? Totally.
Guys (and Gals) Love Their Garages, Don’t They?
After it’s all shiny and new-looking, what does your Man Cave or garage need most? Why, a personalized Garage Sign from PlaqueMaker, of course! Choose for a variety of materials like brass, copper, stainless steel and aluminum. Use our Interactive Design Tools to personalize your sign. Give it a retro theme or make it sport related, the limit is only what your imagination can come up with.
Custom Garden Markers and Spring Garden Gifts. Take a look at our others articles for ideas on how the products on this page can enhance your living space:
Identify Plants With Garden Sign Markers
Create Custom Outdoor Markers for Your Garden