If you are a coffee drinker, then September 29 is your day –International Coffee Day that is!
Simply called Coffee Day and definitely known as National Coffee Day – this holiday is popular all over the world (hence the “international” moniker). It’s a chance to get together with loved ones and enjoy your favorite cup of caffeine at your local coffee shop. You probably won’t have to go far – our love affair with coffee supports thousands of corner coffee houses where espressos, americanos, lattes and cappuccinos abound. It’s the social thing to do!
We are jittery all over about these five "steps" to celebrating International Coffee Day, courtesy of WikiHow:
● Wish everyone Happy Coffee Day through your favorite correspondence -e-card, greeting card, social post, tweet –how about a phone call? Or write an ode to the bean.
● Did you say, free? Find a place where the daily drip is free.
● Try fair trade coffee – the beans are grown sustainably and the farmers are paid a fair wage for their effort and the sip is super.
● Love your local independent coffee shop? September 29 is the day to show it, and bring your friends along.
● There are goats involved … learn about the origin and long history of coffee. They say coffee was first discovered in Ethiopia, when a goatherd noticed those little coffee berry pits had a stimulating effect on his goats! Drinking coffee became popular in the Arab world during the 15th century, spreading across Asia to Italy and Europe and then to the Americas.
We’ve got the best way to celebrate International Coffee Day, and that’s enjoying our morning coffee when it’s steaming from our beautiful customized ceramic mugs. Not only is the brightly colored beverage container microwave safe, you can personalize it with a special message and artwork. Plus, depending on the style you select, it can hold eight or sixteen ounces of coffee to savor and appreciate. You can, too, just in time for International Coffee Day.
Now that’s a good cuppa joe!