How Does the Design of Your Home Make You Feel?
Consult an interior designer and they will tell you that the use of wood and natural light in your home has a beneficial effect on stress reduction, psychological health and well-being. Recent studies show home furnishings and décor made from natural wood, as opposed to more industrial or synthetic materials like steel, concrete or plastics, increases positive emotions. Participants commonly describe wood in rooms to be “warm,” “comfortable,” “relaxing,” “natural” and “inviting,” and appear to have a strong belief that the use of wood can help to create healthful environments.
Even small changes to the colors, fabrics and décor elements of your home or office can easily improve your mood and evoke positive feelings. For instance, neutral colors such as brown can feel very grounding, because it is associated in the mind with wood, organics and stability. Other tips for designing a feel-good room include:
● Note how a room makes you feel when you enter.
● Are textures soft in restful areas like a living room and edgier in work areas like an office?
● Note how the color of the room’s accents make you feel.
● Is there enough natural light, fresh air and circulation?
● Keep favorite feelings in mind when designing an interior.
Colors Have Impact
The right color sets the tone and purpose of a room. Generally, light colors feel more open and airy because they reflect light, whereas darker colors feel enclosed and comfy because they absorb light.
● Neutral colors are versatile for many uses
● Warm colors energize and increase appetite
● Cool colors relax the mind and decrease appetite
Blue represents: confidence, openness, and stability. The most popular colors for living rooms is light blue for calming, but avoid darker blues as they can invoke feelings of sadness.
Purple represents: luxury, ambition, creativity, and wealth. This is a very versatile color for almost any room or purpose.
Principles of Feng Shui
By mimicking the outdoors in your home, you will have a permanent good mood, optimize your health and improve your life. Put the principles of Feng Shui into practice:
● By maximizing the natural light of the earth’s rotation.
● By decluttering the home to remove distractions and improve productivity.
● By placing plants in living areas to improve air quality, relaxation, inspiration and focus.
● By balancing the natural elements of fire, earth, water and metal for more interest and depth.
● By creating and energy flow with no roadblocks for a productive and happy room.
● By place tributes to personal goals and passions in each room that represent what you think about or achieve in those places.
● By adding inspirational design to every object, color and texture in a room as food for positive thought.
Visit PlaqueMaker.com, search for the wood of your choosing and find products made from natural wood to custom engrave or full-color print with personalization. Have a question? Chat online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 866-880-9617 for remarkable customer service.