Inquiring Customers Want to Know.
PlaqueMaker uses four processes for laser engraving, depending on the material you choose for your personalized plaque:
1. For brass, copper, bronze, stainless steel and titanium, we laser fuse the image to the surface of the material.
2. For glass and clear acrylic, we frost the image onto the back of the material.
3. For solid cherry, bamboo, granite and marble, we shallow-engrave the image directly into the material.
4. For plastic and laser metal, we laser off the top layer of material to reveal the image in a different color underneath.
We use two processes for printing, depending on your application of your personalized plaque:
1. For items that are made for indoor use only and can fade in direct sunlight, we use Sublimation, a printing process that heat-presses ink permanently into the material.
2. For items designed for both indoor and outdoor use, we use UV Color Printing. The UV-stable ink has a textured, raised effect and creates vivid color. The printing will last for up to two years.
Remember, color printing can be used to print full color photos.