Successful Fundraising Using Custom Ornaments
November 26, 2021 8:00:00 AM PST November 26, 2021 8:00:00 AM PSTth, November 26, 2021 8:00:00 AM PST
It’s November 26 – 29 days until Christmas.
Schools, businesses, churches, nonprofits, communities, branches of the military, sports teams, medical research organizations and others are starting to develop fundraising strategies for the holidays.
Why Raise Funds During the Holidays?
The holidays tend to bring out the best in people and they seek out reasons to share their goodwill with loved ones, friends and meaningful causes. Because the “holidays” are usually defined as the time from Thanksgiving at end of November to New Year’s Day in January, it’s a convenient, pre-determined window to run a successful fundraiser. It’s also a pretty busy time of the year, which is why we’re talking about this today.
Personalized ornaments can symbolize a treasured relationship, membership, cause or event; memorialize a person or a pet; glorify history and create memories –all with a special, one-of-a-kind memento. In addition, custom ornaments are:
● A unique show of support
● A universally appreciated present
● A permanent keepsake
● A collectible treasure, inspiring purchases year after year
Planning Tips for Custom Ornament Fundraisers
● Appoint an organized, enthusiastic coordinator to oversee the planning, execution and accounting for your fundraiser.
● Decide on the fundraising goal.
● Design your custom ornament and contact a reputable vendor* for manufacture.
● A good rule of thumb is to price ornaments anywhere between two and four times your cost. Balance the price between what is fair for the community and your monetary goals.
● Make a list of potential buyers, i.e., people and organizations you think you can sell the ornaments to, and make sure they know about your fundraiser.
● Divide volunteers into teams for selling the ornaments and promotion of the fundraiser. Brainstorm both sales and promotion ideas with your volunteers.
● Prepare a flyer about your event that lists the Who? What? Where? Why? How? When? -suitable for print as well as online or digital use. Distribute the flyers everywhere – schools, churches, public offices, community centers, grocery stores, etc. Ask parents to distribute at their employers.
● Schedule a kick-off party for your fundraiser and raffle off a custom ornament.
● Make a media kit for local newspapers, radio and television stations as well as online publications, websites and community calendars. Include a press release, a photo of the ornament (use a proof) and any other information pertinent to the fundraiser. Arrange to have a community leader make the first purchase and use this as a photo opportunity for press releases and social media posts.
● Create a special fundraiser page on your organization’s website.
● Harness the power of social media with special pages and prepared posts.
● Consider a direct email (or mail) campaign.
● Set up a booth at a local sporting match, community event, fair, farmers market or shopping mall.
● Piggyback onto another event that’s appropriate for your fundraiser, such as a community fall festival or holiday craft market.
● Distribute flyers through schools and local community groups.
● Display your custom ornament in public places.
● Volunteer to speak at meetings, luncheons and clubs about the fundraiser.
*PlaqueMaker’s ornaments can be customized with names, dates, event titles, special wording, logos or clipart. They can be engraved or printed in vivid, full color that’s UV-resistant. What’s more, each ornament is individually boxed for gifting, perfect for a fundraiser. We also offer quantity discounts on custom ornaments and we’ll email you a free digital proof of your design, so that you can start pre-selling them before they deliver. Reorders are easy, too.
Let PlaqueMaker help make your ornament fundraiser the highlight of the holidays! Order today.