Remember the trip of a lifetime every day by designing a creative, inspiring photo display.
On any humdrum morning, it can be a real mood-booster to look at vibrant and meaningful travel photos from a recent trip. Research shows looking at uplifting images is one of eight things the happiest people do every day.
So, what’s the best way to organize and display all those beautiful, Instagram-worthy moments? It starts with narrowing down your options. Style experts suggest picking the very best three to 10 photos to create your custom display. Choose photos with people in them – yourself and your loved ones – and only include one or two landscapes. It’s most important that your display capture the smiles and emotion that evoke the magical memories you make together, rather than endless snapshots of scenery – unless your goal is to create a meditative visual.
9 Totally Cool Creative Ways to Display Travel Photos
1. Clothespin display: Print photos and hang them by clothespins along wire or twine. Fasten one long line of photos along a wall or mantel or hang several in rows within an oversize frame. This is a great way to display many photos from the same trip or selected photos from all your travels.
2. Travel map display: Paint or print a large map and place travel photos on the spots you’ve been. This has the advantage of serving as a “bucket list” of travel desires but has the disadvantage of displaying fewer photos per trip.
3. Souvenir holders: There’s a fun new trend of creating custom photo holders from trip souvenirs like shells, rocks, driftwood, art pieces or pottery. So, wrap wire around a shell you found on the beach, give it a spiral at the top, and you have the perfect way to display a photo from the trip.
4. Huge frames for tiny photos: If you just can’t decide on a small number of photos, go big. Print dozens – even hundreds – of small photos, all lined up neatly together, on oversize paper. Mount it in a huge frame. The contrast looks artsy and eye-catching on the wall.
5. Cork board display: Use a fun-shaped cork board, available online and in craft stores, to pin favorite prints. This has the advantage of maximum flexibility, so you can update the board easily as you have more adventures.
6. Cubes: Cube shapes printed with individual square photos called photo cubes look great with home décor. Take this idea a step further by making a cube-shaped footstool or table with oversize photos from your travels.
7. Shadowboxes: Combine photos with small mementos from your trip and create a shadowbox. These deep display boxes look great on a wall or table and can incorporate all kinds of fun trinkets beyond photos.
8. Personalized tchotchkes: Have photos custom-printed on every-day items such as t-shirts, hats, tote bags, notepads, calendars, coasters, cutting boards, mugs and more, and give them away as gifts to your traveling companions.
9. Metal and canvas prints: Have your favorite shots printed on individual metal plates or canvas. Canvas will transform the image with the look of an original painting while metal plates give the image a modern look. Both are sleek, sophisticated ways to incorporate travel photos into even the most high-end home décor.
Design metal art prints using your own family pictures, landscapes and digital photos. Printing on metal is simple with our online tools. Available in several sizes, each metal photo print is full color printed on white or silver metal and includes one photo or clipart only (text is not included). Use our online design tools to create your own look or have our professional graphic designers create a look for you. Once you submit your order, a no obligation quote and free proof is emailed to you within one business day. Typically, your order ships from our warehouse two days after you approve your final design.