People are mad for personalized experiences.
Take it from one who knows: YOU. When you meet up with your favorite person, engage in content created for you or receive a personalized gift, doesn’t it leave you feeling like someone has taken your personal interests and preferences into consideration?
Of course, it does.
Studies show one in three consumers want personalized products – and this number is growing. Research recently conducted by business advisory firm Deloitte reveals:
● 25% of consumers make personalized purchases during the holidays
● 36% of consumers say they are interested in personalized products or services
● 43% of 16 to 24-year-olds
● 46% of 25 to 30-year-olds crave personalized goods and services
● 71% are prepared to pay a premium for personalized products and experiences
Today’s businesses are quickly rising to the challenge, finding ways to allow for individual customization of awards and special presentation materials, even if it means postponing production until the last possible moment. Whether they develop in-house capabilities such as flexible manufacturing and 3D printing or engage in a relationship with a company like PlaqueMaker to take care of it for them, these decisions are helping businesses reduce inventory, increase efficiency and lower costs – all to make their customers and employees happier than ever.
Making It Personal
We’re not only taking advantage of the great personalization movement, we prefer it. Studies conducted by the University of Texas and others tell us why:
● To satisfy our desire for control – With a personalized product and custom experience, we perceive it is tailored to us and we’re controlling our engagement with it. Psychology tells us that people who believe they are in control of their lives rather than believing external forces are responsible tend to be healthier physiologically and more successful.
● To reduce information overload – With a personalized product and custom experience, we get exactly what we are looking for rather than a plethora of resources or generic products or too much information to sort through.
● To stay more relevant – Human beings are naturally more engaged with a product, experience or information that appeals to our senses in ways that are important to us.
● To hear the sound of our own name – Brain Research, a peer-reviewed publication, recently conducted a study investigating the unique reaction in the brain that happens when we hear our first name. It triggers greater activity in parts of the brain that stimulate social behavior, long-term memory, auditory processing and vision. It’s also a great motivator.
Our custom engraved plaques, awards, signs, name plates and tags, memorials and gifts offer the ultimate in personalization – every order includes one free logo, photo or clip art with no set-up fees and no character limit. Our professionally-trained graphic designers, craftsmen and customer service specialists manage every aspect of your creative project personally, from design to manufacture to delivery. We offer free shipping on orders over $99 within the contiguous United States and to APO/APE addresses with upgraded shipping options available – and we offer quantity discounts on custom products and gifts.